Thursday, March 29, 2012

The friendly skies just got unfriendly to man's best friend

I came to realize a number of years ago, that there are entities in this world that make my choices a lot simpler. Something my father use to say that clicked: "Son, never force people to take your money." 

So I don't. I don't force anyone to take my money and as a result, I have a list of those who I refuse to do business with. That list increased by one after reading this story below.

I don't fly that much, but when I do I will make damn sure that it isn't with Untied Airlines from this point forward.  These companies will ban man's best friend from traveling in a crate in the bowels of the aircraft? Yet they will allow heathens and those that they know to be a recognized threats onto their planes. All the while knowing that they have potentially allowed terrorists to board, but being so cowered by the fear of being branded racists, they turn a blind eye to reality. 

Sorry folks, but I would rather sit next to a pit bull than fly the skies with United.


United Airlines bans pit bulls and a litany of dogs that are apparently Mexican breeds
The friendly skies of United Airlines have just gotten a little less friendly for some four-legged creatures.
This month, much to the disappointment of some pet owners, United Airlines confirmed its adoption of the Continental Airlines PetSafe program as the merger of the two carriers became official.
The PetSafe program, which had been in place for several years under Continental, is considered the best in the airline industry and has won an Award for Excellence from the International Pet and Animal Transportation Association.
But not everyone is happy with United's policy that bans nine dog breeds from planes it considers “dangerous.” Breeds, or mixes, that have reached either 6 months of age or 20 pounds that are prohibited are: Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Presa Canario, Perro de Presa Canario, Dogo Argentino, Cane Corso, Fila Brasileiro, Tosa (or Tosa Ken) and Ca de Bou.
Until the merger, United Airlines didn’t have any restrictions on these breeds. 

No comments: