Wednesday, April 28, 2021

My Open Letter To Lebron James.

 My Open Letter to Lebron James. 


I as many others have seen your commentaries of late. From your recent tweets and attempts to DOX a Columbus Ohio police officer, for defending a black life, from the violent and deadly assault of another black life. 


While you and many others lament that black lives matter? You puposely neglect and overlook the thousands of black lives taken at the hands of other black lives in this country annually. 


You like to assume and further the memes and fabrications that American police are hunting down and murdering American blacks, while at the same time ignoring the provable facts and statistics that refute your miscreant and racist assertions against the police. 


I have also seen your assertions that you care not about white people. Specifically your quote:


"I don't want nothing to do with white people. I don't believe they want anything to do with me. I don't want no (white) friends. It's me and my boys." the quote reads.


Therefore, your feelings have been made crystal clear to me. To be clear? I don't want to have anything to do with you either. I am not one of those who either follows or admires your athletic abilities.  I never have and I never will. And my feelings have nothing to do with your race. However, they have everything to do with your own racism, your ignorance and your arrogance.  


While you may think of yourself as some exalted celebrity figure? You are no more than an over paid entertainer in my observations and opinion. Someone of seemingly great atheltic ability, yet someone severely lacking in both character and integrity.  


Therefore, your feelings about the police and white people in general have no worth or value to me. You are what you demonstrate by your actions and your words. And in my observation and opinion? You have clearly demonstrated what by any other standard? Would be considered racist remarks and actions. 


As a police officer of combined service of over 48 years, I and many others like myself know the truth. We have served this nation and its people, black and white, Asian and Latino. Many of us, for longer than you have been alive. 


Your words and actions and your skills with a basketball, have little to no meaning to me or many others. 


Your words and opinions are what they are. The musings and actions of a harlequin performer. And someone who believes that he has been instilled with some superior knowledge, by virtue of his celebrity status. 


I and many other of my fellow brothers and sisters in law enforcement? Have not only served those who discredit and despise us, (of all colors and races), but we have bled and almost died in our efforts. 


While many others have fallen, never to live again. Sacrificing their lives and all of their tomorrows, to protect those lives and tomorrows of others. Predominantly, of people we did not know. And many times involving people of color.  


Lebron?  When you have laid on the pavement? Shot multiple times by a convicted felon? For simply trying to protect others? And you have almost died from those injuries?  Like I have?


Then you may sit at my table and pontificate on your experience and preach to me and others about your knowledge of police confrontations with confrontational, deadly and armed suspects. 


However, absent that experience? And absent the experience of being spat upon and attacked and assaulted for trying to help and protect others? Absent trying to raise a family on a police officer's salary? Absent millions in salary and sponsorships?


You have no credibility with me. 


Or with the hundred thousands of others, who wear and have worn a uniform, other than one made of satin with a number on it. 


I am not one of those who will go on tictok or youtube to parody or mock you, as I personally believe your own actions speak directly to the unequal parallels of your life when compared to the lives of others. Especially police officers. 


You are free to return to your world of wealth and privilege and the adoration of those who value your athletic skills. 


But know this. Those who serve, those who wear the badge, those who place their lives on the line daily for the benefit and well being of strangers? Have no need of either your approval or your subjective opinions.

No comments: