Friday, August 10, 2012

I am an American

I am an American, born and bred.
I am not a hyphenated mutation of some multicultural melting pot.
I have no need of class envy, as an American it is enough to know that I am envied by those of all other nations.
My heritage runs deep, through generations and across millions of other proud individuals who are also Americans.
My fathers fought and died for my freedoms and for my enduring  future.
My mothers nursed my family and raised us proud and respectful of who we are and what we represent as a nation.
I ask no man's forgiveness for who I am, nor do I apologize for  the failures of those who hate me because I am an American.
I care not for the umbrage of those who may detest my being and the existence of my nation. They know not what honor is.
I bow to no foreign influence and I care not if my existence offends those whose only interest in my country is envy and a desire to see it destroyed.
I am an American. Ask my help and I will give it gladly, wrong me or attack me or attack my country and incur my terrible wrath and that of my brothers.
It is neither my desire nor my destiny to follow or be led by those incapable of understanding what freedom truly is.
 It is my shared destiny with others, to lead the weak and to demonstrate by my actions, that good prevails over evil.
Dedication, commitment and hard work, combined with sacrifice, faith and an observance of creation and the creator in all things are the fibers that have made this nation great.
Be my friend or be my enemy, the choice is yours, but know this when you choose. What ever your choice, I will bring forth all of my most forceful and enduring qualities to either side of the relationship you desire.
Arrows or olive branches, the choice is yours. Choose wisely.
I am an American and I am prepared to deliver that which will honor and protect my God, my family, my country and my flag.
An oath once taken to defend against all enemies is more than just words to an American.

Semper Fi