Monday, September 26, 2011

Can I be blunt?

 After this weekends victory in the GOP Florida straw poll, many pollsters and pundits alike are madly trying to find a handle on why and how Herman Cain succeeded in upsetting the party apple cart and trouncing the two front runners.

Here is a clue......

Herman Cain cuts to the chase.....
After a few caffeine-heavy refills at our corner table, I asked him about President Obama's new effort to raise taxes on the wealthy, and Cain just about blew a blood vessel--especially when I mentioned the part where Obama says it's about "math" not "class warfare." "Can I be blunt? That's a lie," Cain said, before the sound of his voice began to rise noticeably higher.
 "You're not supposed to call the president a liar. Well if you're not supposed to call the president a liar, he shouldn't tell a lie. If it's not class warfare, it's highway robbery. He wants us to believe it's not class warfare, oh okay, it's not class warfare. Pick my pockets, because that's what he's doing!"

Cain paused, took a breath and looked at me. "I'm not mad at you, I just get passionate about this stuff," he said. "I have to tell people because I get so worked up . . . . I'm listening to all this bullshit that he's talking about, 'fairness' and 'balanced approach' to get this economy going."

As anyone who watched the past couple of debates knows by now, Cain has his own plan that he says would steer the country out of its economic downturn. He calls it the "9-9-9 Plan," and it would replace the current tax code with three flat, nine-percent federal taxes on income, consumption and business. "With 9-9-9 guess what? How many loopholes?" he said, tapping his fingers on the table like a drumroll. "None. Everybody gets treated the same. What a novel idea."

2 comments:

Lana said...

I agree with Mr. Cain. I think he is just what the country needs. We have needed a simple tax plan since the 16th amendment was passed. No more loopholes for anyone. Get rid of the IRS and the EPA and make the government manageable. I also think term limits are needed. Lifetime politicians forget that they are working for the people and not the special interest groups. Lobbying should be illegal also.

Prime said...

Thank you for your comment Lana. I agree. Cain is shaking some of the foundations in the GOP and that makes people nervous.

Herman Cain speaks the truth and there will always be a market for that with the common people.