Monday, July 16, 2012

America is not the greatest country anymore

Watch it.....then you decide. WARNING The language is strong. If that concerns you, don't watch it. If strong language concerns you more than losing your country, you are already a member of the walking dead in my opinion.




Now...provided you watched the entire thing and suddenly felt inspired, know this. This is the opening segment of Aaron Sorkin's new series "The Newsroom." Or maybe as it should be titled, "As the news should have been and should be from the Hollywood leftist perspective."

I have no idea what transpired in the segment after this little piece of inspirational drama by Jeff Daniels in the opening sequence, as I do not subscribe to HBO, but I do know that aside from Jeff Daniels spirited opening oratory, there has to have been further dramatic editorial follow up by Sorkin. It's what he does and as a rule, there is an egalitarian leftist morality to everything that he does.

Sorkin's last endeavor The West Wing was wildly successful with the throngs of dispossessed democrats and leftist who were widely disappointed with Bill Clinton's philandering and the fact that he didn't do a better job of dismantling America while he was president.

For those interested in following this new series, be my guest. I am sure there be other choreographed feel good moments where Jeff lectures the left once again on what they have to do to recapture America once and for all. But in the mean time I am not buying into Sorkin's vision of how the news ought to be reported. It's bad enough as it is. 

There are those who have already panned the series and said that Sorkin's view is to go back and take past events and re-portray them with a liberal view of how the media should have portrayed them and reported them. Apparently beginning with the BP Gulf oil spill and why the media didn't completely vilify BP and hound them into oblivion.

Truthfully, I am glad I don't have HBO. I have better things to do than watch the glitzy tripe and pipe dreams of the left. Which is why I watch very little mainstream media offerings period.


1 comment:

XtnYoda said...

Oh darn, he broke my heart. "The end is near, the end is here!"

I do agree with him about getting back to the principles and morals of our founding fathers. Kind of shocked that he threw that in there.