Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits

Well, so much for exposing another Obama lie for just what it was, a bald faced lie and he knew it. So....how do you tell when Obama is lying? When his lips are moving.


For Immediate Release                                                September 9, 2009
U.S. Capitol
Washington, D.C.
And here's what you need to know.  First, I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future.  (Applause.)  I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period.  And to prove that I'm serious, there will be a provision in this plan that requires us to come forward with more spending cuts if the savings we promised don't materialize.  (Applause.)  Now, part of the reason I faced a trillion-dollar deficit when I walked in the door of the White House is because too many initiatives over the last decade were not paid for -- from the Iraq war to tax breaks for the wealthy.  (Applause.)  I will not make that same mistake with health care. 

And here is the proof.

Health-care law will add $340 billion to deficit, new study finds

No comments: