Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Condi says "No Way"

 There are a number of websites carrying the story this morning of Condi Rice addressing the rumors of her as a potential vice presidential candidate with Mitt Romney. Her response is what I would call "Shermanesk"

"If nominated I will not run" etc.
Condoleezza Rice arrives at Glamour Magazine's 21st annual Women of the Year Awards on Nov. 7, 2011 at Carnegie Hall in New York. (credit: DON EMMERT/AFP/Getty Images)
Rice says, quote, “I didn’t run for student council president. I don’t see myself in any way in elective office.”
I like Condi Rice. I happen to think that she is one of the most intelligent people in America, however,  she is not my idea of a VP or a president. Condi Rice is a policy analyst and a professor. Stretch her beyond those two comfort zones and as we saw during her tenure as secretary of state, she begins to stumble. Condi makes a great adviser, but she is not a leader.

Besides, the democrats would love to re-open their attacks on her heading into November. Barack Obama is flailing and right now the republicans need a unified, concise and intelligent campaign absent any needless opportunities provided to the Obama administration.

If Romney wins If November, he can always bring Condi back as part of the cabinet. That would be a much better fit and a position that she would be comfortable in accepting.

No comments: