Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The sycophants will never get it.

Obsequious is another word that comes to my mind having read this dripping piece of love authored for this morning's election day news offerings. Of course, I would be seriously interested to read or listen to this individuals thoughts on election day 2006 concerning President Bush.

I wonder what his reflections were concerning Bush's actions and campaign promises at the midway point of either of his administrations? Ya think the same sentiments were tendered for Bush? Me thinks not.

As you head out to vote today, stop for a couple of minutes and peek into the mind of a true sycophant. Then consider, there are still a significant number of 'Obamanites' out there who feel the exact same way as this poor sick and twisted Obama love puppy. I venture to say that probably at the least, 25% of this country feels the same way. Of course, the other 60% who will vote today, see things a bit differently. (Thank God)

Now....get out and vote this morning and let madam Pelosi and straw man Reid and the puppet master Obama know exactly how you feel about the last two years of misery.

I Still Love Obama. Love. Love. Love.

But my own feelings haven't changed at all. Two years after voting for him, I'm just as exhilarated as Oprah Winfrey was in Grant Park on Nov. 4, 2008. You might say, to borrow the accusation frequently leveled at the 2008 media, that I've remained in the tank for Obama. The only problem is that, currently, I seem to be in the tank by myself. Earlier this fall, when even NPR hosts were making jokes that could have been borrowed from Rush Limbaugh—the teaser for a recent episode of Wait Wait … Don't Tell Me! imagined that one of the "inspiring" quotations in the new Oval Office carpet was, "At least your daughters still like you ... probably"—I felt the unmistakable loneliness of being the last one left at a formerly hopping party.

Honestly, though, I'm surprised that so many people have turned against the president. Obviously, if you've lost your job, life is tough, but did voters really believe the country was going to quickly and dramatically reverse course once he was elected? So he hasn't yet made good on every campaign promise—isn't this like being shocked that you didn't lose as much weight doing Jenny Craig as Valerie Bertinelli did, or that your new memory-foam mattress didn't magically cure your insomnia?

5 comments:

XtnYoda said...

I'm wondering if "they" will start to get it after this butt wooping being dished out at this late hour on election night?

Na.

James said...

I love how the media continues to assert that it's the economy that's driving the shift. Money is the least of what drives me.

Prime said...

Thank you for the comment Dad. So, if money is the least of what drives you? What drives you? And BTW? Who's paying your freight?

James said...

Jesus Christ drives me and he paid my freight.

"Blessed is the Nation whose God is the Lord" drives me.

Hope for my wife and my children drives me. Hope that all the work that went into this Nation isn't wasted and destroyed by taking our eyes off of what matters most.

Hope that one day we can again be a Nation that is a beacon of light instead of a stench in the nostrils.

Hope that one day we'll have leaders willing to openly speak the truth and willing to live for it and sacrifice for it. Leaders, in the words/prayer of Derek Prince, writing in his book "Shaping History through Prayer and Fasting" concerning his time in WWII, "Lord, give us leaders such that it will be Your glory to give us victory through them," the results of which led to the appointing of B.L. Montgomery by Winston Churchill and victory in the main battle of El Alamein.

That's what drives me, friend.

Prime said...

Then you are truly a driven man and one who knows the cost and the expense to be paid. thank you....