Thursday, September 10, 2009

The You Lie! Fiasco

Biden says congressman's outburst was embarrassing

About the only truth in that statement is that Joe Biden has a lot of experience in embarrassing. I saw this report on the news this morning after last night's speech. As I didn't sit in rap attention completely enamoured by the messianic one like many do, I obviously missed the great dramatic moment when the republican congressman Wilson got carried away and blurted out.

But having heard the outburst now in various forms all day and having seen and heard the video clip early this morning, my immediate reaction was, "I bet most Americans have never heard or witnessed what goes on in the British parliament on a regular basis."

Oh the Horror! A US congressman blurts out what at least half of the country and more is thinking. And suddenly he is cast by the media as "Peck's bad boy" and here comes the likes of John McCain and his less than two cents worth of politically correct chastisement.

Give me a break. If the Brits have anything at all in their system that is sorely missing in ours? It is the right of congress to openly challenge a sitting president "to his face and in front of a regular joint session" of congress, as it concerns his actions, policies and proposed legislation that he is sponsoring or supporting.

2 comments:

Brian Gwatney said...

Here, here, John McCain could not win a one person checke game. And I agree he can keep his two cents, especially since he voted for both banker bailouts. So much for him being for the people. They have been playing the race card on anyone who critizies Obama of late. I think we need a national class on the Constitution on September 17th which is constitution day. The last time I checked the 1st admendment was still part of the Bill of Rights.

Prime said...

John McCain makes me sick every time I see that insincere smirking face of his. I sincerely hope that he gets beat in the republican primary for re-election.