Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holbrooke's last words.

"You've got to stop this war in Afghanistan."

You have got to be kidding me. The Drudge Report's banner right now is screaming this headline.




The report comes compliments of the Washington Post no less.

Sorry, family sources or no, I find it extremely hard to believe that the man's last words were these. Having been at death's door step on at least two occasions in my life, I can assure you, matters such as these are the least of your thoughts or concerns when the light of life is waning.

I have seen some political parlor tricks in the past that were tasteless, but this is beyond the pale IMO.

As this is a Drudge 'developing story,' I await the further dribbles of this as it is leaked forth today.


UPDATED
Go ahead wade through five pages of the Washington Post accolades for Holbrooke. (They finally posted it) Then at the very end, you will find the quote. Almost as if a voice speaking from the grave.

Sorry, but I for one am not in the mood for contrived theater.

Are Jimmy Carter's comments on Holbrooke's last words forthcoming? I suspect so. Two peas from the same pod.

No comments: