Monday, August 09, 2010

A conversation



The first lady answers the phone....

Hello?

Hello Michelle? Is that you? Oh I am so glad that I caught you at home.

Anita, it's so good to hear from you....whas up girl friend?

Well girl, I hate to mention it....but you know my daddy passed recently and since then, I have really been bummed out. I told my daughter that I would take her to Spain for her birthday you know. And then I thought about the promise that you made me. You know...spending some time together and such.

So I thought maybe you and the girls could tag along and we could make it like a girls trip.

You know something Anita? You are right. I am tired of being all couped up in this big old house all the time. It's time for me to get out and do some living. And besides, we have those big old planes now and all that comes with them. I could take the whole family and more friends and we could make a week of it.

You are so right Michelle, no need wasting all them perks. And just think, while you are there, you can meet the king and queen and you can try out some of them new outfits that you have been dying to wear.

I know Anita, it's about time we showed this world how a first lady is supposed to dress. My oldest is away at camp right now but my youngest would just love to come. And Barack could squeeze in a couple of rounds of golf while we are gone.

This just sounds so wonderful. I am so glad that you thought to ask me to come with you. And I am sure the American people will understand...cus a girl's just gotta have a break now and then, with all this first lady stuff I have to do.

So I will have my people get with your people and set this all up. Meanwhile, Barack can have one of his people call over to Andrews and gas up the big birds so that we will be ready to go.

Hey! What are friends for!

Bye now Ciao!

1 comment:

XtnYoda said...

It really is... ludicrous isn't it.

Nicely done.