Thursday, September 15, 2011

I want to see your papers Comrade!

 At some point the idiocy either has to stop, or we succumb to a complete police state.

NFL wants pat downs from ankles up at all stadiums
The NFL wants all fans patted down from the ankles up this season to improve fan safety.
Previously, security guards only patted down fans from the waist up before gaining entry to NFL stadiums. Under the new "enhanced" pat-down procedures, the NFL wants all 32 clubs to search fans from ankles to the knees as well as the waist up. The stricter security approach impacts the 16.6 million fans expected to attend live regular season NFL games this season.
It's not bad enough that air travel in this country has gone from absurd to completely ridiculous. but now comes the NFL wanting to implement similar searches of everyone attending football games.

I am sorry, but I have to honestly say, that short of my winning the lottery and being able to charter my own aircraft? I probably won't be flying anytime again for the remainder of this lifetime. And it looks like the same may soon be true as it applies to NFL games and God knows what else they are dreaming up.

I simply refuse to be subjected to this type of insanity in order to satisfy the illusion of safety. And I am equally opposed to the idiocy of the adage that: "this is simply the price we must pay to live in a free society." We lived in a free society for most of my life before this idiocy arrived and I presently am worried about what that definition really means anymore.

I have been to one NFL game in my life and I can honestly state from memory that it wasn't an experience that I would be willing to forfeit my personal rights for to experience again. This latest revelation by the NFL speaks more to the idiocy of our present reality, than any need for increased security.

How long before they will want to institute search policies just about every where you go? Maybe it's just me? But I say hell no! Police and properly punish those responsible for crime and murder and mayhem and relatively quickly their ranks will dwindle to nothingness.

I refuse to be the prisoner of a police state.

No comments: