Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gray Lady Down

On Sunday during the observance of the tenth anniversary of 9/11, something despicable occurred. Paul Krugman, a so called columnist for the New York Times wrote and the Times published, an absolutely despicable and unwarranted column denouncing the anniversary and those historically involved as having cashed in. The utter audacity of the man was the final caveat of his slanderous piece, where he added that for obvious reasons, he was not going to allow any commentary to what he had written. Well i for one voiced my opinion, as I took the time to do the research and locate Mr. Krugman's email. After which I voiced my opinion to him whether he wanted it or not and told him what a despicable coward he was. NY Times must share the blame, disgrace
The Ol’ Gray Lady ain’t what she used to be! On Sunday, New York Times [NYT] columnist and left-wing economist Paul Krugman set off a firestorm when he blithely referred to the 9/11 anniversary as “an occasion for shame.” That’s right, “an occasion for shame.” Why? Because “fake heroes” like then New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and President George W. Bush “hijacked” the day in an attempt to “cash in” on the atrocities. In typical paranoid fashion, Krugman seems to believe that Giuliani and Bush took some maniacal pleasure in the attacks on our country — the better to consolidate their power. (Insert evil Halloween laugh track.)
Subsequently, the media has taken note that former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's reaction to the column was to cancel his subscription to the New York Times. I say good for him. I wish several thousand more would do the same. But I can't help but wonder. Why do people still have and pay for subscriptions to the New York Times or any other literal rag reporting service. There are far too many better sources of unadulterated news reporting on the internet for free. So, if nothing else good comes from Mr. Krugman's arrogance, then I sincerely hope that the end result is a noticeable decline in their paid readership. AS for me? I get my slivers of slime and fecal smearing known as New York Times reporting via other sources on the internet. I have never subscribed to the rag and never will. I haven't bought any newspaper in over twenty years now and I don't plan to at this point in time. I can gain access to all the leftist anti American vitriol I need on a free basis on the internet and I don't have to subsidize their efforts by paying for it.

No comments: