Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Palin Earthquake?

OK, maybe I am missing the point, but I fail to see the notoriety of this report. I list my politics as conservative on my facebook page so what?

On this point of political affiliation I can relate to Sarah Palin. Conservative describes my political philosophy, republican describes a party affiliation. And if tomorrow the rolls were reversed between the two parties? And democrats somehow suddenly became conservative and republicans became liberal? Guess what? I'd be more closely associated with the democrats than the republicans.

But I refuse to identify with any party that does not adhere to my core values and beliefs, or my conservative political beliefs. And not unlike Palin, I have come to realize that the republican party doesn't necessarily reflect my political beliefs. So I say? More power to you Sarah Palin. Maybe what you and I share will catch on and we can turn this mule headed party around.

Now, I wonder...... how many democrats claim the title of liberal? Not many. They flee from it like vampires fleeing garlic.

Earthquake? Governor Palin Changes Facebook Status From ‘Republican’ to ‘Conservative’

No comments: