Thursday, March 05, 2009

Jim Cramer's regrets

As posted by my friend Rick at Brutally Honest today.

Thursday, March 05, 2009
Jim Cramer's regrets

Here was Mr. Cramer in October of last year:

Obama is no messiah, of course, but there’s a reason the Street sees him as a more capable manager of the credit crisis. He seems to understand the complexity of the problem, and while he’s nobody’s populist, he’s at least perceived as less tone-deaf to everyday Americans’ problems than his opponent. Obama also has a better team, in the likes of Larry Summers, the renowned economist and former Harvard president who probably knows more about this crisis than anyone, and Warren Buffett, the smartest man in business, period. And Obama is a globalist, in an age where the world’s economies are increasingly interdependent.

Here is the stupor-less Cramer today:

This is an agenda that must be held back for better times. It is an agenda that at this moment is radical vs. what is called for. I am proud to have voted for the Obama who I thought understood the need to get us on the right path, and create jobs and wealth before taxing it and making moves that hurt job creation -- certainly ones that will outweigh the meager number of jobs he's creating.

...

So I will fight the fight against that agenda. I will stand up for what I believe and for what I have always believed: Every person has a right to be rich in this country and I want to help them get there. And when they get there, if times are good, we can have them give back or pay higher taxes. Until they get there, I don't want them shackled or scared or paralyzed. That's what I see now.

If that makes me an enemy of the White House, then call me a general of an army that Obama may not even know exists -- tens of millions of people who live in fear of having no money saved when they need it and who get poorer by the day.

Let's pray that more Obamanauts awaken from their stupor.

Put down your Kool-Aid and step away from the idiocy.

For the country's sake.

You know who in hell you are.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 in Plainly Not Obasmic | Permalink

http://www.brutallyhonest.org/brutally_honest/

No comments: